Back in 1955 ...
... while searching for oil, geologists came across hot thermal water in the wine-growing and fishing village of Bellingen.
This marked the birth of the later health spa Bad Bellingen. Markushof was built in 1964 as part of the pioneering years of the young health spa and named after one of the thermal springs: Markusquelle. Successful years of growth for Bad Bellingen followed; Hotel Markushof was able to establish itself as a renowned spa hotel and restaurant in the region, and many guests return for their holidays time and again.
As Son Marc and his wife Beatrice took over the management the Speck family is continuing its gastronomic tradition in the third generation: Grandmother Louise already had an inn on Lake Constance.
Thermal springs are discovered in Bad Bellingen.
Markushof is built by Ernst Möllken and named after the thermal spring »Markusquelle«.
Hermann and Ina Speck buy Kurhotel Markushof.
Purchase of the opposite Hotel
Quellenhof – since then, both
hotels have been run by the
Speck family and form
Marc H. Speck and his wife Beatrice take over the management.